This bug is awaiting verification that the linux-raspi/5.11.0-1028.31
kernel in -proposed solves the problem. Please test the kernel and
update this bug with the results. If the problem is solved, change the
tag 'verification-needed-hirsute' to 'verification-done-hirsute'. If the
problem still exists, change the tag 'verification-needed-hirsute' to
'verification-failed-hirsute'.

If verification is not done by 5 working days from today, this fix will
be dropped from the source code, and this bug will be closed.

See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed for documentation how
to enable and use -proposed. Thank you!

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-raspi2 in Ubuntu.

  Boot time from snap in 20/stable increases boot time on 3.5 seconds

Status in linux-raspi package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux-raspi-5.4 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux-raspi2 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux-raspi-5.4 source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux-raspi2 source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux-raspi source package in Focal:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux-raspi source package in Hirsute:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux-raspi source package in Impish:

  [ Impact ]

  I am seeing what looks as a regression in pi-kernel snap for UC20:
  there are around 3.5 additional seconds spent in boot time. In the
  image from cdimage (2021-06-30), I see:

  [    1.856540] random: crng init done
  [    1.871798] loop: module loaded

  (see https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/CkfWXY5Vgf/)
  while if I build an image from latest snaps in the 20/stable channel, I get:

  [    1.855481] random: crng init done
  [    5.349491] loop: module loaded

  (see https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/CNt42gdDcZ/)
  The pi-kernel snap revision is 353.

  [ Test Case ]

  $ sudo dmesg | grep -B1 -A1 'loop: module'
  [    0.791122] cacheinfo: Unable to detect cache hierarchy for CPU 0
  [    4.903386] loop: module loaded
  [    4.906092] spi-bcm2835 fe204000.spi: could not get clk: -517

  [ Fix ]

  Set CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP_MIN_COUNT to the default value (8).

  [ Where Problems Could Occur ]

  Loop devices need to be created on-demand if more than 8 are required.
  If that fails, user space will fail.