In short:

1. edit your /etc/default/grub
a. make a COPY of the line GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT and modify like this:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="initcall_debug no_console_suspend ignore_loglevel"
#GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"

2. run 'sudo update-grub' to reflect the changes
3. reboot your pc
4. put your pc into STR, eg with 'echo mem | sudo tee /sys/power/state'

5. when your PC is suspended, wake it up and report back what you find.

  failed to resume PC

  Sometimes I cannot resume my PC after suspend. Pressing keys or moving
  the mouse doesn't help: the login screen doesn't appear. In some cases
  pressing Ctrl+Alt+F1 helps, but not always. This time I had to make a
  hard reset. Check 25 January 10:43 in the logs.

  Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS
  5.4.0-96-generic x86_64
  GNOME 3.36.8 X11