You have been subscribed to a public bug:
This issue seems similar to 1894329 but I can reproduce this
consistently in 21.10.
Problem description:
Unable to reliably revert ZFS snapshots via the Grub menu in Ubuntu 21.10. When
attempting a revert I am usually dropped to the emergency mode and have to
force a reboot. After that it can take a number of attempts to get the system
to reboot to the desktop.
Steps to reproduce:
Install Ubuntu 21.10 on Intel 64bit with ZFS selected as the filesystem. Do not
encrypt.
Install all updates. ZFS snapshot is taken automatically.
Reboot.
Install a simple package i.e. sudo apt install neofetch. Another ZFS snapshot
is taken automatically.
Reboot and enter the GRUB menu.
Enter History menu.
Select Revert to an earlier snapshot. In my case I select the snapshot taken
before neofetch was installed.
Select install system files only. Do not select the recovery mode option.
System now boots and ends up dropping into emergency mode.
I can duplicate this on three different installs.
Expected outcome:
The snapshot is correctly reverted and the system boots without user
interaction into the snapshot.
** Affects: zfs-linux (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
** Tags: bot-comment
--
21.10 Impish ZFS revert snapshot via grub menu fails consistently
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1959522
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel Packages,
which is subscribed to zfs-linux in Ubuntu.
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp