Something new (2 hours old) for you to try:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers-510

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-470 in Ubuntu.

  GSYNC bug regression in 495.44 Ubuntu 21.10

Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-470 package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-495 package in Ubuntu:

  [ Description ]

  Video of signal loss with flipping enabled: https://youtu.be/V5DGcHN-
  BJs

  In NVIDIA the 495 driver for Ubuntu 21.10, with G-SYNC enabled in OpenGL
Settings of NVIDIA Settings, the G-SYNC compatible monitor loses sync
momentarily (1~2 seconds) when switching to GPU accelerated application.
Examples of this are:
   - When launching a game full-screen
   - Launching a GPU accelerated game in Window mode
   - Launching Steam
   - Launching kitty terminal https://sw.kovidgoyal.net/kitty/

  This issue happens at all refresh rates: 60 Hz, 120 Hz, 144 Hz and 165
  Hz.

  Note: This example doesn't explicitly show G-SYNC being enabled in the
  onscreen indicator, rather what happens when G-SYNC is enabled in the
  settings. If I disable G-SYNC, but leave flipping enabled, the issue
  is not present. If I enabled G-SYNC, but disable flipping, the issue
  is not present. If both are enabled, then the issue occurs.

  [ Hardware ]

  - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super
  - Dell 27" S2721DGF G-Sync Compatible monitor
  - High quality DisplayPort cable

  [ Settings ]

  In the NVIDIA OpenGL settings, the following settings are enabled:
  - Sync to VBlank Enabled
  - Allow Flipping Enabled
  - Image Setting: High Performance
  - Allow G-SYNC-/G-SYNC Compatible Enabled
  - Use Conformant Texture Clamping Enabled

  [ Observations ]

  When I disable Allow Flipping, the issue goes away. No signal is lost
  when changing to different GPU accelerated applications. Sometimes
  there is a brief flicker when opening a GPU accelerated program with
  flipping disabled, but it's not a signal loss, rather a very fast
  momentary flick of the display, but it's does not impact usability. As
  flipping is required for G-SYNC to function, therefore losing the
  benefit of G-SYNC if I were to disable flipping.

  [ Correlation to previous bug ]

  This issue was present in Ubuntu 21.04, eventually driver 495.44
  resolved this problem on the 5.14.1 kernel. I will add that when I
  first had this machine and screen in 20.10 and 21.04, it was not
  experiencing the signal loss issue.

  The bug described in the change log in this launchpad bug seems to
  reference the type of regression I am experiencing
  https://launchpad.net/bugs/1950665.

  [ Troubleshooting ]

  Full driver purges between trying different drivers:

  - Tried downgrading to 470.82
  - Went back to the standard kernel for 21.10 (5.13.0-21-generic) at the time
  - Tried deleting ~/.nv, ~/.cache/nvidia
  - Reverted to previous X11 conf
  - Tried 5.14.1 which was working in Ubuntu 21.04
  - Tried kernels 5.14.17, 5.15.6
  - Persists in 470.94 (NVIDIA bundle and Graphics Drivers PPA)
  - Persists in 495.46 (NVIDIA bundle and Graphics Drivers PPA)
  - Persists in 510.39.01 (NVIDIA bundle)