** Attachment added: "dual_external_monitor_with_dp.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-signed-oem-5.14/+bug/1965749/+attachment/5571266/+files/dual_external_monitor_with_dp.png

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-signed-oem-5.14 in Ubuntu.

  Issues when connecting 2 DP external monitors

Status in linux-signed-oem-5.14 package in Ubuntu:

  Hello Team,
  I have a Dell XPS 15 9500 laptop with the Dell WD19S Docking station and
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

  Actually, I have many problems with external monitors. Let me explain:

  The WD19S docking station has 3 outputs for monitors: 2 Display Port
  and 1 HDMI port.

  The ideal configuration for me is to use the 2 DisplayPort connectors
  with 2 external monitors AND the display of the laptop.

  Problem 1:
  If I use ONLY the HDMI port, the resolution of the external monitor is 3840 x
2160 (16:9) and this works without any problem.

  If I connect the same monitor using a single DisplayPort connector,
  the resolution is 2560 x 1440 (16:9). Also, the size of the screen is
  different: with HDMI the monitor is 28'' but when I use the
  DisplayPort connector the size is 27''

  Monitor is Samsung U28E570D

  Problem 2:

  When I connect two monitors with DP the gnome utility becomes crazy
  (see attached image, ) and only one monitor works.

  Note: I'm using two equal monitors: Samsung U28E570D

  Thank you!
  Marco

  Package: linux-image-5.14.0-1027-oem 5.14.0-1027.30
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.14.0-1027.30-oem 5.14.21
  Uname: Linux 5.14.0-1027-oem x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.21
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME