I noticed my usb audio started crackling on the last few days. It does
not happen on internal audio, just on my Xenyx 302 USB external mixer. I
followed the suggestion of reverting to old kernel above and it seems to
have fixed the issue.

5.13.0-37 has issues, 5.13.0-35 is good.

Please let me know of any other information you may need to help find
the issue.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  audio crackling on usb sound card

  After the regular updates (on 20.04 and 21.10) audio had crackling noise on
the USB audio interface, while it was normal on the internal audio.
  Tried with different sound cards (presonus audiobox, behringer xenyx q802)
and three different machines.
  Might be in the kernel 5.13.0-37

  Reverting to that kernel removed the problem: linux-
  image-5.13.0-35-generic