Public bug reported:

I have Thinkpad X1 Gen 2 and the Trackpoint is not working directly
after boot. I am aware that there was a bug which is fixed in current
kernels. But I believe this bug is different.

I am running KDE Neon which is based on Ubuntu 20.04, but I have also
tested this with Kubuntu 20.04. Both running with current HWE-Kernel
5.13.0.39.44~20.04.24 I would also liked to have tested it with current
22.04 daily iso's but I could not get a booting live image with
multisystem.

What is the difference to the formerly known bugs: It is possible to get
the Trackpoint working by sending the system into suspend and waking it
up again. After this the Trackpoint works without a problem. So the
problem might have something to do with the driver not correctly loaded
at boot, but this is done correctly when the system wakes up from
suspend.

** Tags: lenovo systemd-boot thinkpad trackpoint

** Tags added: lenovo systemd-boot thinkpad

  Trackpoint not working on Thinkpad X1 tablet Gen 2 after boot, but
  after suspend