This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1969432

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-oem-5.17 in Ubuntu.

  5.17 kernel won't load mok, so it refused to load dkms signed by mok

Status in OEM Priority Project:
Status in linux-oem-5.17 package in Ubuntu:

  Steps to reproduce:

  1. enroll mok, and use the mok to sign dkms
  2. make sure secure boot is on, and boots with kernel
  3. load the kernel by either modprobe or insmod.

  Expected:
  the kernel module can be loaded.

  Actually:
  the kernel module can't be loaded.

  Failed kernel: 5.17.0-1003-oem
  Passed kernel: 5.15.0-25-generic

  With 5.17 kernel, using command "dmesg | grep 509", I can't see the mok key.
  With 5.15 kernel above, I can see the mok key is loaded like:

  [    0.896168] integrity: Loading X.509 certificate: UEFI:MokListRT (MOKvar
table)
  [    0.896283] integrity: Loaded X.509 cert 'ubuntu Secure Boot Module
Signature key: 670bc7d76f65d9cfc786f5501de6af89bf3973e7'