I uploaded snapd 2.55.5 as a SRU to all the relevant releases. They are
in the "unapproved" queue right now, see e.g.
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/focal/+queue?queue_state=1&queue_text=snapd

  snapd autopkgtest tests impossible combination of things

Status in snapd:
Status in snapd package in Ubuntu:

  snapd autopkgtest tests impossible combination of things

  In debian/tests/integrationtests snapd without reexec is enforced

  # ensure we always run from the deb that is currently tested
  export SNAP_REEXEC=0
  mkdir -p /etc/systemd/system/snapd.service.d
  cat <<EOF > /etc/systemd/system/snapd.service.d/no-reexec.conf
  [Service]
  Environment=SNAP_REEXEC=$SNAP_REEXEC
  EOF
  systemctl daemon-reload
  systemctl restart snapd

  In those tests

  https://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/results/autopkgtest-
  jammy/jammy/amd64/s/snapd/20220525_161731_b567f@/log.gz

  installation of core22 is attempted

  + snap install --edge core22
  error: cannot install "core22": snap "core22" assumes unsupported features:
         snapd2.55.5 (try to refresh snapd)

  Which now requires snapd 2.55.5 which is not available in stable
  updates in any releases, maximum is 2.55.3

  Please rollback core22 requiring 2.55.5, or ship updates to snapd deb
  to skip that test case when running with older snapd debs (i.e. make
  it dependent on 2.55.5+), or please mark snapd autopkgtests of snapd
  as currently broken in britney & adt-matrix hints.