[Expired for linux (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  unplug the mouse, it's gone forever

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: xorg

  Running 10.04 beta1 on an old HP zx5000 laptop.
  I unplugged my USB mouse so I could plug something else in for a second.  And
when I plugged the mouse back in, it was never accepted as an X11 input device.
 "dmesg" shows that the mouse was plugged in.  The last few lines of Xorg.0.log
show that the mouse was unplugged and the driver was removed.

  (II) config/udev: removing device "Logitech Optical USB Mouse"
  (II) "Logitech Optical USB Mouse": Close
  (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"

  Now I am stuck with just the touchpad on the laptop, I assume, until I
  reboot.  Since I have a lot of windows open at the moment, I am not
  quite ready to try that.  Will report back.

  Alan Porter

  Package: xorg 1:7.5+3ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-16.25-generic
  Uname: Linux 2.6.32-16-generic i686
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Tue Apr  6 12:35:49 2010
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid Lynx" - Beta i386 (20100318)
  ProcEnviron:
   LC_COLLATE=C
   PATH=(custom, user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8