Thanks. If you can identify the exact revision 5.15.x or 5.16.y that
fixed it then that would be most helpful. But if you don't have time
then that's fine.

  [amdgpu] Gnome Freezes When Second Display is Turned Off

  When second display is turned off, gnome will freeze for about 30
  seconds before it starts working again. Sometimes, it freezes
  indefinitely with the screen glitching, forcing me to reboot. The
  indefinite freezing happens when I have a lot of windows open on both
  displays.

  Wake up from suspend takes too long - about 30 seconds - and the “Join
  Displays” option changes to “Single Display” and the primary display
  option changes to the second display.

  My graphics card is AMD Radeon VII. I run into this issue on a fresh Ubuntu
22.04 installation. Displays are 1440p and 1080p @ 144Hz.
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20220419)
  Package: gnome-shell 42.2-0ubuntu0.2
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 42.2-0ubuntu1
  Tags: jammy third-party-packages
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin lxd plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True