This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1988120

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Support Intel TDX guest attestation driver

Status in linux source package in Kinetic:

  Intel has requested to support the TDX (trust domain extension) guest
  attestation driver interface. In a TDX guest "attestation" is used to
  verify the trustworthiness of a TD (trusted domain) before
  provisioning secrets to the TD (i.e, encrypted keys to mount an
  encrypted rootfs, etc.).

  During the TD boot the initial contents and configurations are
  recorded by the Intel TDX module in the build time measurement
  register (MRTD). At TD runtime, the Intel TDX module reuses the Intel
  SGX attestation infrastructure to provide support for attesting to
  these information.

  This driver is targeting 6.x upstream, so we need to backport the
  upstream patches as SAUCE patches to properly support this feature in
  5.19.

  [Fix]

  Backport upstream TDX attestation driver.

  [Test case]

  Tests have been performed by IBM, a test-case is included in the patch
  set as a kernel selftest (called 'tdx').

  TODO: consider to integrate this test in our testing infrastructure
  once this feature has been merged.

  [Regression potential]

  This feature is self-contained, it's only available on amd64 and it
  doesn't affect any other amd64 code. So we could only experience
  regressions on amd64 systems that are using the TDX feature.