I can confirm the above driver works on my HP ProBook G1, running Ubuntu
13.10 with Linux v3.5.0-17 (the stock kernel from Ubuntu 12.10) and the
modules compiled from github:  https://github.com/anthonywong/mt7630

Below is a rough guide on how to get this wifi adapter working.  These steps
are only for testing purposes and I do not recommend anyone uses this setup:
1) Compile the mt7630 modules (I compiled in a VirtualBox VM running Ubuntu
12.10 Live CD which uses Linux v3.5.0-17).
2) Install the following and reboot (I installed this on my actual laptop,
which has Ubuntu 13.10 - note that in my case the video drivers failed when I
installed this):
          linux-image-3.5.0-17-generic_3.5.0-17.28_amd64.deb
          linux-image-extra-3.5.0-17-generic_3.5.0-17.28_amd64.deb
3) Run the 'load.sh' script from the mt7630 module package (you may need to
make some obvious modifications to get the correct module directory).  This
will load your wifi drivers.

Below is the output from 'lspci -v' for this card:
04:00.0 Network controller: MEDIATEK Corp. Device 7630
        Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device 197c
        Memory at b0600000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: rt2800pci

I tested the card for standard network access and suspended the laptop,
all went well.

  Need support for new Ralink Wifi card - Mediatek 7630 [14c3:7630]

Status in HWE Next Project:
  Confirmed
Status in HWE Next trusty series:
  Confirmed
Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “linux” source package in Raring:
  Confirmed
Status in “linux” source package in Saucy:
  Confirmed
Status in “linux” package in Fedora:

  This device is appearing in some OEM machines, but driver is not yet
  available in mainline.

  The driver seems to be present in machines with pre-installed OS, but
  isn't available on the download-and-install versions!