Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. We need some more information from you before we can
start working on this bug.

Please include the information requested from the "Reporting Sound Bugs"
section of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingSoundProblems as separate
attachments.

If you are using Karmic or later this information can be gathered for
you automatically using the command apport-collect -p alsa-base
BUGNUMBER where BUGNUMBER is the number of the bug you've reported.

** Tags added: dist-upgrade

** Package changed: ubuntu => linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Dell XPS 13 with ALC275 missing analog and digital playback devices on
  13.10

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  I lost audio when upgrading from 12.10 to 13.04 and the issue remained
  after upgrading to raring (13.10).

  As you can see, I am missing the Analog and Digital playback devices

  card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

  I am not sure how to begin troubleshooting further as this appears to
  be a unique situation that the sound troubleshooting guides do not
  address.

  Audio Information from running alsa-info.sh
  http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=be3f607e8b27a5c52c445de3748a99c7c3861156