I have tested the issue on the live 20.04.5 ISO usb, and the issue
occurs in the Live config.

If I choose the Safe Graphics config - the issue does NOT happen.

My view of what is happening in the Safe Graphics mode that is notably
different is that my "main monitor" never fully powers off when Blanking
kicks in.  This means there is always a display for the OS/driver to
refer to.

On my normal/default mode, the main monitor actually turns off (both
monitors turn off) and I am immediately unable to wake them.  I suspect
there is some major issue when the count of displays present/connected
becomes zero.  That's my best guess.

  Displayport monitors hang on blanking and must REISUB my 20.04.5
  system

  I've been getting issues with my 2 DP monitors (and system) not
  recovering from blanking (possibly 100% of the time).  If I disable
  blanking, the issue never occurs.  Otherwise, I am forced to REISUB
  the system to regain access.

  As I'm using amdgpu from the HWE kernel, my best guess is thats where
  the issue lies.

  When the issue occurs I am completely unable to access the system due
  to a softlock and CPU getting maxed by Xorg.  SSH barely works and the
  system doesn't respond to request to perform dumps like Alt-
  PrintScreen-1.

  The only relevant output I have seen (as a user) is in syslog, and
  possibly dmesg.

  In addition, when I try to submit an apport-bug it fails (multiple
  times). Here is the Error ID: OOPS-108b77945d65b4a0f23eba000f0d8a8e
  while trying to wait for the launchpad page to process my data.

  Finally, as I'm more of a user, I can only likely manage to test
  anything with some decent instructions. This issue has been going on
  for a few weeks, and due to a recent hardware change I cannot confirm
  if there was a time when my current system did not have the issue.

  OS:  Description:     Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
  Release:      20.04

  System: Asus PN51-E1 (minipc), 32 GB RAM, AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon
Graphics
  2 DP monitors
  DP to DP cable
  USB-C to DP cable (tested without this connected and it makes no difference)
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.24
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  test      20733 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  test      20733 F.... pulseaudio
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64 (20210819)
  MachineType: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MINIPC PN51-E1
  Package: linux (not installed)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcFB: 0 amdgpudrmfb
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-5.15.0-56-generic
root=/dev/mapper/vgubuntu-root ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.15.0-56.62~20.04.1-generic 5.15.64
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   linux-restricted-modules-5.15.0-56-generic N/A
   linux-backports-modules-5.15.0-56-generic  N/A
   linux-firmware                             1.187.35
  Tags:  focal
  UserGroups: N/A
  WifiSyslog:

  _MarkForUpload: True
  dmi.bios.date: 06/21/2021
  dmi.bios.release: 5.3
  dmi.bios.vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
  dmi.bios.version: 0503
  dmi.board.asset.tag: Default string
  dmi.board.name: PN51-E1
  dmi.board.vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
  dmi.board.version: To be filled by O.E.M.
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: Default string
  dmi.chassis.type: 35
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Default string
  dmi.chassis.version: Default string
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:bvr0503:bd06/21/2021:br5.3:svnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:pnMINIPCPN51-E1:pvr0503:rvnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:rnPN51-E1:rvrTobefilledbyO.E.M.:cvnDefaultstring:ct35:cvrDefaultstring:sku:
  dmi.product.family: Vivo PC
  dmi.product.name: MINIPC PN51-E1
  dmi.product.version: 0503
  dmi.sys.vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.