> I think the main use case is to bootstrap cloud images so that they
can then install other kernels as quickly as possible, right?

This is incorrect. the linux-kvm kernel is lightweight kernel meant for
minimal applications running in virtualized environments. The only image
it is present on currently (from a cloud-images perspective) are

1. x86 based minimal cloud images in 20.04 forward, downloadable here:
http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/minimal/
2. x86 based server cloud images labeled as `kvm`, such as :
focal-server-cloudimg-amd64-disk-kvm.img , from 20.04 forward

These are useful for, say, a local VM or creating a highly tailored
cloud VM in an openstack environment. But there is little public
documentation on the KVM kernel

being said, it looks like this has gone stale. Considering the focus of
the KVM kernel, it is probably worth defining one of two things

1. if the linux-kvm kernel based x86 minimal images are meant to work out of
the box with a general Openstack setup. If so, what do we need to do to improve
this experience? or
2. if a linux-virutal based x86 minimal image for download should be created.

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-kvm in Ubuntu.

  net sched missing from Jammy KVM image

Status in cloud-images:
  New
Status in linux-kvm package in Ubuntu:

  The net/sched modules are not included in the KVM image, but are in
  other images (for example AWS, if I install `linux-
  modules-5.15.0-1020-aws`.

  Can these modules be included in the KVM image + modules package?

  Additionally, I note that there seems to be no `linux-modules-extra`
  for KVM?

  ```
  $ dpkg -L linux-modules-5.15.0-1020-kvm | grep net/sched | wc -l
  0
  $ dpkg -L linux-modules-5.15.0-1020-aws | grep net/sched | wc -l
  72
  ```