** Also affects: linux-oem-5.17 (Ubuntu Kinetic)

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Kinetic)

** Changed in: linux-oem-5.17 (Ubuntu Kinetic)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-oem-5.17 in Ubuntu.

  Fix non-working I219 ethernet after s2idle

Status in HWE Next:
Status in linux-oem-5.17 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux source package in Jammy:
  New
Status in linux-oem-5.17 source package in Jammy:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Kinetic:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-oem-5.17 source package in Kinetic:

  I219 may stop working after s2idle. The link is up but failed to get an
  IP address from DHCP server.

  [Fix]
  Revert the workaround patch "e1000e: Fix possible HW unit hang after an
  s0ix exit" so the new fix "e1000e: Enable GPT clock before sending
  message to CSME" can work.

  [Test]
  With the patch applied, the I219 device always get ip address and all
  the functionalities are working.

  [Where problems could occur]
  It's really hard to say since the interaction between I219 and Intel ME
  is very arcane. The good thing is that the fix is limited to e1000e.