Hi,

I have installed the Ubuntu 13.10 netboot code on my pxe server and just
tested it. It worked correctly to install ubuntu on an old, intel based
notebook.

But on my Foxconn NT-A3500 Mini-PC (AMD E350 CPU) it freezes immediately
after showing the first selection menu (which language to use for
installation), i.e. keyboard does not work anymore, not even ctrl-alt-
del. Needs poweroff to reboot. The problem occurs both with the 386 and
amd64 code.

I have also installed the old 12.04 netboot, which works properly on
that device. BTW, the device ran 12.04 for a long time properly, and
even 13.10 works if booted from a USB pendrive. The PC properly runs
Ubuntu, both 12.04 and 13.10.

So something's wrong with the 13.10 netboot code.

regards

** Tags: bot-comment
--
Ubuntu 13.10 netboot code freezes