This needs more information before I can pass it upstream.  What
hardware (don't need make model but do need things like "we're using X
version NVDIMM and Y CPU with AA.BB Ubuntu and kernel C.DD.EE)

Also, explicit steps to reproduce this would be useful as well.

And more info hopefully like some syslog snippets when this occurs, etc.
As it stands, this is not actionable information.

  [SRU] Daxctl gets the error of resource busy on HBM devices

  On Ubuntu, it gets the error of "Device or resource busy."

  fuser shows that the kernel thread "kdevtmpfs" is occupying the HBMs.

  I tried to build a kernel without CONFIG_DEVTMPFS set.
  But it got stuck in initramfs

  If it is possible, please get this issue a quick triage,
  just to get a basic estimate how hard this issue is and
  how much effort is needed for Ubuntu for support it.

  [Fix]

  [Test Plan]

  [Where problems could occur]

  [Other Info]