Kernel 6.2 (with the above patches reverted) just landed in lunar-
proposed - hence updating the status to 'Fix Committed'.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: ubuntu-z-systems

  [23.04] net/smc: Alibaba patches about tunable buffer sizes may cause
  errors and need to be removed (kernel 6.2)

Status in Ubuntu on IBM z Systems:

  There are two patches about tunable buffer sizes that are changing the
  conventional behavior in our SMC code.

  This change of behavior might not be expected by our clients, which could
lead to problems.
  Therefore, we need to remove these two patches from v6.2 / lunar, until we
can provide an appropriate solution.

  The two patches to be removed depend on each other, but don't have any
  further dependencies to other code/commits.

  Please remove / revert the following two patches:

  0227f058aa29 net/smc: Unbind r/w buffer size from clcsock and make them
tunable
  77eee3251431 net/smc: Introduce a specific sysctl for TEST_LINK time