Hello!  Thanks for addressing this issue.

Will this fix reach jammy HWE kernel at some point?

  linux: CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_MID=y

Status in linux source package in Kinetic:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux source package in Lunar:

  CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_MID=y is required to properly use the serial
  console on some platforms that are using the "mid" serial driver (such
  as some Intel SoC platforms).

  The generic kernel should build this driver statically to make sure we
  properly support these platforms.

  [Test case]

  Boot the Ubuntu generic kernel on a system that is using the "mid"
  serial driver (e.g, no PCI serial).

  [Fix]

  Enable CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_MID=y.

  [Regression potential]

  Kernel footprint is increased a bit with this change (around +9K), so
  we may see little performance regressions at boot time in really small
  platforms (additional memory usage is probably negligible), but it is
  worth it, otherwise we won't be able to properly support these
  platforms.

  NOTE: we may want to disable this option in the could kernels and
  derivatives and keep it only for the generic.

  [Original bug report]

  Starting from 5.19 HWE kernel, this option became as dedicated module instead
of being compiled into the kernel.
  5.19 hwe-next also has CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_MID=m
  On 5.15 it was OK

  ~$ uname -r
  5.19.0-32-generic
  $ cat /boot/config-5.19.0-32-generic  | grep 8250_MID
  CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_MID=m

  Please make it CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_MID=y for all the future kernels.

  Previous ticket: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1967338
  Some discussion:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kernel-team/2022-March/128690.html

  Thanks!