Touchpad was working fine, until it just decided today morning to stop
working. Upon checking the devices, it doesn't show up in the list of
devices detected.

My laptop woke up from suspended mode, and I tried restarting the
machine to check if it solves the issue, but no luck.

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-signed-hwe-5.15 in Ubuntu.

  touchpad stopped working completely and does not show up in devices

Status in linux-signed-hwe-5.15 package in Ubuntu:

  At first the touchpad was working. But, it recently stopped working
  entirely on this laptop. When I ran cat /proc/bus/input/devices I did
  not see any touchpad devices.

  Package: linux-image-5.15.0-41-generic 5.15.0-41.44~20.04.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.15.0-41.44~20.04.1-generic 5.15.39
  Uname: Linux 5.15.0-41-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.24
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME