This sounds like one of the symptoms of bug 2007668.

I can confirm that Ubuntu 23.04 works more reliably on 12th gen chips,
but that's not officially released yet.

You might also have more luck by installing Ubuntu 22.04 and then
upgrading the kernel like:

  sudo apt install linux-oem-22.04c

** Package changed: xorg (Ubuntu) => linux (Ubuntu)

   Intel 12th gen: Noisy screen corruption during cursor movement, and whole
screen freezes, in 5.19 kernels

  Xorg freeze

  I'm not sure if this is an xorg bug because i'm pretty sure I'm using
  wayland, however ubuntu-bug says it's an xorg issue.

  I installed the GNOME desktop instead of the ubuntu one, however it
  does happen on the ubuntu desktop as well. It seems to happen less
  often on the GNOME desktop (though still multiple times a day)

  When I perform certain actions I can semi-reliably produce a total screen
freeze. Some examples include using the search menu on gnome, opening a video
in fullscreen, and clicking buttons in fractal (matrix client.) There are many
more scenarios that I haven't listed. The screen will completely freeze but the
computer will keep going normally (e.g. I can type, use the cursor, listen to
audio, etc.) This can be remedied by pressing CONTROL+ALT+F3 which brings me
into the console, then waiting about 5 seconds, then switching back with
CONTROL+ALT+F2

  This doesn't seem to be related to any computer load issues and occurs
  reliably after clicking on something/typing in a text field until the
  offending program is restarted. When the program is restarted, the
  issue sometimes goes away but sometimes persists. This has been
  happening since I installed ubuntu a couple weeks ago.

  I am able to provide more details if necessary and do some debugging
  things, but I'm not a technical user so will need babying.

  Package: xorg 1:7.7+23ubuntu2
  ApportVersion: 2.23.1-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: amd64
  BootLog: Error: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/log/boot.log'
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CompositorRunning: None
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME