I have attached xorg.log and syslog files.  I am unable to send files
directly from the os since I only have commandline and apport-collect
needs gui so let me know what else is needed.  It appears that nvida
driver is the default driver and with 22.10 it was using version 390.

** Attachment added: "xorg and syslog"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/2017807/+attachment/5668984/+files/Archive.zip

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  black screen blinking cursor upper left after updating or clean
  install 23.04

  I have attempted to upgrade from working ubuntu 22.10 and do clean
  install of 23.04 and it will get to black screen with blinking cursor
  in upper left.  Live iso boot seems to only work with software video
  driver.  I have several lenovo ThinkPad W540 that have intel and
  nvidia graphics which have the same problem so its not machine
  specific.