[Expired for linux-raspi (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for
60 days.]

** Changed in: linux-raspi (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-raspi in Ubuntu.

  22.04 and vc4-fkms-v3d / vc4-kms-v3d overlays problem

Status in linux-raspi package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I have RPi4/8GB RAM.
  I had no problems with 20.04LTS. 'fkms' overlay was used by default, and I
never changed it.
  I have serious problem after upgrade to 22.04.

  1. vc4-fkms-v3d overlay (is used by default) causes very big lags in
  windows dragging by mouse. Also video player (any) freezes the video
  while mouse is moved across the screen. Sound goes OK though.

  2. vc4-kms-v3d works softly, without any lags, when 'builtin-Xpresent'
  or 'picom:GLX' window manager is on.

  But both 'vc4-kms-v3d' and 'vc4-kms-v3d-pi4' cause random HDMI signal
  disappearance when video is running in any video player (both
  Celluloid and VLC were tested). Screen becomes black, then "No signal"
  message appears. Green "SD-card access" indicator is on at this time.
  This behavior was checked in both 20.04LTS and 22.04LTS. But 'fkms'
  overlay worked OK in 20.04, so it was the solution there. Now in 22.04
  I have no solution, so I need to downgrade back to 20.04 unless this
  bug will be fixed.

  Also I tried to install KODI in 22.04. It runs with permanent
  (100%-reproduced) bug, as it was described above. Black screen appears
  instead of main KODI menu, then "No signal" message appears. Of
  course, it so happens only with 'kms' overlay. 'fkms' overlay works
  for KODI, though with big visual lags, as it was described above.