I did found a workaround, but iam still convinced that we have a kind of bug.
I think i should explain our typical systemsetup, for better understandig.

Typical field of application are failoversystems. overall we use very few
software and systems have minimal load.
we have 2 servers in a cluster realised with pacemaker/corosync. they manage a
reource haproxy and a floating ip. We do this with different ubuntu OS, from
18.04 over 20.04 to 22.04

Our systems are bound to Windows Active Director with SSSD (System
Security Services Daemon) (https://schroeffu.ch/2019/09/linux-active-
directory-ldap-ssh-login-mit-sssd-und-realmd/) so it is possible to
Login with our AD Credentials.

last component is  altiris server management suite agent (former
symantec now broadcom) wich is running with root privileges and helps to
manage our computerlandscape. And this is where i located the problem.

every evening the agent runs a bash script which was wrote by me 3 years
ago. it is a small script with 90 lines, it collects some data, mounts a
windows fileshare and finally uploads some small files before unmounting
the share. nothing special, it takes around 5 seconds to complete, but
here seems to be the problem.

As i can see every affected server shows in syslog this lines about kernel bug
i uploaded on 2023-09-11 (#4) . In some cases there happens something
unexpected and triggers this bug. this happens since 5.15.0-83-generic
the system gets unstable, high load without running processes, every command
takes forever to complete. mostly we had to do a vmware hardstop, because even
"reboot -f" failed.  i uploaded already some logs.
I deactivated this job and the problems disappeared. i was not able to trigger
this problem by manual run of the script. as the job was active, every morning
we had a bunch of servers in this state between life and death.
So i can not confirm a change on our site, i still think about a newly
introduced kind of bug.
I would like to hear from you, please tell me your opinion to this case.
strange that i report a bug with documented kernel error and no one gets back
to me.

Thanks,
Hajo

  unexpected system behaviour after kernel update

  Hello,

  since last kernel updates on ubuntu 20.04 and 22.04 we see lines like
  this in syslog after boot:

  Sep  7 13:10:53 myhost kernel: [    1.202296] pci 0000:00:15.4: BAR 13: no
space for [io  size 0x1000]
  Sep  7 13:10:53 myhost kernel: [    1.202387] pci 0000:00:15.4: BAR 13:
failed to assign [io  size 0x1000]

  We see this on Ubuntu 20.04 after installing kernel 5.4.0-162-generic and on
ubuntu 22.04 after installing kernel 5.15.0-83-generic

  Since this time we notice some strange server behaviour.

  - unexpected reboots during workhours
  - systems hanging/freezing which requires a hardstop of the machine
  - systems with high load but no significant number of processes, even on non
productive machines with usually zero load.

  We use most of our ubuntu servers as virtual machines in a VMWare Environment
with VSphere and ESXi 7.0.3
  There were no VMWare updates. I can say this with certainty because iam the
responsible person for VMWare too and i did not install any ESXi Updates last
days.
  Other OS not affected as i can see.

  Thank you,
  Hans

  p.s. i wanted to help and wanted to choose fitting package from dropdown "
  In what package did you find this bug?" above this Inputfield, but it seems
that packages like linux-image-5.15.0-83-generic (or similiar i tried
somethging...) are unknown and search respondes with improper suggestions.