Public bug reported:

Thanks to the zst module compression, the total install size of
modules+modules-extra is now less than modules alone before.

Continuously all interesting pieces of new support for new hardware and
features lands in modules-extra by default, and then we chase those
forever to include them in the modules.

Also most install types either install everything; or are minimized and
use dpkg filtering (and can exclude large things they don't like).

Thus drop support for split modules/modules-extra.

  Drop support for modules-extra