Mainline was and is nothing really supported. They are there because
they help debugging (instead of doing bisect builds). When we do
official hwe kernels they get built without module compression (going to
Jammy). When doing your own backports ensure you have "jammy" as the
target in the current changelog section (not UNRELEASED or noble).

  [LTS] cryptsetup-initramfs fails when kernel modules are compressed

Status in cryptsetup package in Ubuntu:
Status in cryptsetup source package in Jammy:
  New
Status in linux source package in Jammy:

  This is the same cause as the Mantic bug "cryptsetup autopkgtest fails
  with zstd compressed kernel modules"

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cryptsetup/+bug/2035120

  where hooks/cryptroot::add_modules() needs postfix wildcards after
  $glob.ko on 2 lines.

  It affects 22.04 LTS with recent kernel or local kernel built with
  CONFIG_MODULE_COMPRESS_*

  I think the fix needs cherry-picking into LTS release(s).

  https://salsa.debian.org/cryptsetup-
  team/cryptsetup/-/commit/8359ad85a541b76f388cdc28f549229e3d71e750

  At boot-time it results in the cryptic (pun intended) messages:

  device-mapper: table: 253:0 crypt: Error allocating crypto tfm (-ENOENT)
  device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table
  device-mapper: reload ioctl on luks_os (253:0) failed: No such file or
directory