Hello there,

I think this may be the same issue as
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-signed-
aws-6.2/+bug/2045560

I believe this might be related to the following kernel bug which
impacts Linux 6.0.0+:

https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/vi1pr01mb42407d7947b2ea448f1e04efd1...@vi1pr01mb4240.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com/

A patch has been produced which fixes this issue (but has not yet made
it into a Linux release):

https://lore.kernel.org/all/20240421175248.1692552-1-eduma...@google.com/

Hope this helps!

Jonathan

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-meta-aws-6.2 in Ubuntu.

  kernel leaking TCP_MEM

Status in linux-meta-aws-6.2 package in Ubuntu:

  We are running our Kafka brokers on Jammy on ARM64. Previous they were
  on kernel version 5.15.0-1028-aws, but a few weeks ago we built a new
  AMI and it picked up 6.2.0-1009-aws, and we have also upgraded to
  6.2.0-1012-aws and found the same problem.

  What we expected to happen:
  TCP memory (TCP_MEM) to fluctuate but stay relatively low (on a busy
production broker running 5.15.0-1028-aws, we average 1900 pages over a 24 hour
period)

  What happened instead:
  TCP memory (TCP_MEM) continues to rise until hitting the limit (1.5 million
pages as configured currently). At this point, the broker is no longer able to
properly create new connections and we start seeing "kernel: TCP: out of memory
-- consider tuning tcp_mem" in dmesg output. If allowed to continue, the broker
will eventually isolate itself from the rest of the cluster since it can't talk
to the other brokers.

  Attached is a graph of the average TCP memory usage per kernel version
  for our production environment over the past 24 hours.

  Package: linux-aws 6.2.0.1012.12~22.04.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 6.2.0-1012.12~22.04.1-aws 6.2.16
  Uname: Linux 6.2.0-1012-aws aarch64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.5
  Architecture: arm64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown