It's still happening, Raspberry Pi 4 ( Raspberry Pi RAS-4-4G - Model B / 4 GB
SDRAM (1822096))
and Ubuntu Core Servier 23.10

When I connect SSD drive to USB3 port (booted from SDCard), internal
WiFi doesn't work, and most of the time I can see error:

brcmfmac: brcmf_set_channel: set chanspec 0xd0.. fail, reason -52

(random data in place of 2 dots)
I don't think it's a power problem, I use official 3A power supply,
Also, I can use my additional USB Wifi adapter connected to other USB3 port -
it works, when internal not.

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-raspi2 in Ubuntu.

  RPI4 wifi unreliable when usb3 storage is attached

Status in linux-raspi2 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux-raspi2 source package in Eoan:
  Expired

Bug description:
  On RPI4, if you set up netplan to use wifi, and plug in a usb3 storage
  device to one of the 2x usb3 ports (the ones closest to the ethernet
  port), wifi will sudden stop working. If you unplug the usb stick
  while running a ping, it will usually start working again almost
  instantaneously.

  Kernel version I have is: 5.3.0-1017-raspi2
  and I've confirmed this happens on both armhf and arm64

  The only thing I found in journalctl that looks suspicious is this, but it
seems to have happened before plugging in the usb stick:
  Jan 29 20:54:59 ubuntu wpa_supplicant[1129]: random: Cannot read from
/dev/random: Resource temporarily unavailable