Public bug reported:

Xilinx vendor tree patches need to be forward ported from their 6.6
branch to 6.8 for Noble.

https://github.com/Xilinx/linux-xlnx/tree/xlnx_rebase_v6.6

We cherry-picked every commit from
a3ea85714695 "xilinx: Add a github template telling people to not use pull
requests there" ^ .. 24eec56fe5bd "arm64: zynqmp: Remove arm,cortex-a53-edac
node"

Upstream work was done on net: axienet that Xilinx has reverted on 6.6
in order to apply their own changes. Xilinx squashed these reverts into
one commit "Revert "net: axienet: Revert following mainline commits to
be in sync with downstream implementation." There were additional
patches that were added between 6.6 and 6.8 that we also reverted. We
removed the squashed revert and individually reverted the patches to
make maintenance easier. The following commits were reverted:

67f10a9bef6c Revert "net: axienet: make use of axistream-connected attribute
optional"
947a44219b1e Revert "net: axienet: Clean up DMA start/stop and error handling"
2fafbc9b412e Revert "net: axienet: implement NAPI and GRO receive"
e5a7818b8d04 Revert "net: axienet: Use NAPI for TX completion path"
de765a372712 Revert "net: axienet: Switch to 64-bit RX/TX statistics"
34311bc5920f Revert "net: ethernet: xilinx: Convert to platform remove callback
returning void"
1f35754c5be3 Revert "net: axienet: Preparatory changes for dmaengine support"
1e3ba4732475 Revert "net: axienet: Introduce dmaengine support"
6e93b87de0ce Revert "net: axienet: Fix check for partial TX checksum"

Upstream also added erase die capability to mtd: spi-nor which had major
conflicts with stacked and parallel memory support added by Xilinx.
These should be revisited once Xilinx upstreams  the stacked and
parallel memory support since this will make maintenance difficult.  We
reverted the following patches in mtd: spi-nor:

ac2881fb1d4d Revert "mtd: spi-nor: add erase die (chip) capability"
f044dd43a1b4 Revert "mtd: spi-nor: spansion: enable die erase for multi die
flashes"
c072086fdce3 Revert "mtd: spi-nor: micron-st: enable die erase for multi die
flashes"
6be57acc37df Revert "mtd: spi-nor: remove NO_CHIP_ERASE flag"
6bbd61fc0eef Revert "mtd: spi-nor: micron-st: Add support for mt25qu01g"

A few patches were skipped because we were just unsure how to apply
them. We should go back and revisit these:

usb: gadget: uvc_video: unlock before submitting a request to ep
usb: gadget: webcam: Add support for Full HD and 4K UHD Raw Video
v4l: xilinx: xcsi2rxss: Fix warnings for NULL_RETURNS

In total of the 860 patches we tried to apply 121 were skipped because
they had been upstreamed between v6.6 and v6.8.

The kernel will use the Ubuntu configs with Xilinx' configs applied on
top. To do this we imported the .config built on Xilinx tree for
xilinx_zynqmp_defconfig.

** Affects: linux-xilinx-zynqmp (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

  Xilinx vendor tree patches need to be forward ported from their 6.6
  branch to 6.8 for Noble.

  https://github.com/Xilinx/linux-xlnx/tree/xlnx_rebase_v6.6

- We cherry-picked every commit from
+ We cherry-picked every commit from
  a3ea85714695 "xilinx: Add a github template telling people to not use pull
requests there" ^ .. 24eec56fe5bd "arm64: zynqmp: Remove arm,cortex-a53-edac
node"

-
- Upstream work was done on net: axienet that Xilinx has reverted on 6.6 in
order to apply their own changes. There were additional patches that were added
[...]

- conflicts with stacked and parallel memory support added by Xilinx. We

+
+ The kernel will use the Ubuntu configs with Xilinx' configs applied on
+ top. To do this we imported the .config built on Xilinx tree for
+ xilinx_zynqmp_defconfig.

** Changed in: linux-xilinx-zynqmp (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Portia Stephens (portias)

** Changed in: linux-xilinx-zynqmp (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux-xilinx-zynqmp (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-xilinx-zynqmp in Ubuntu.

  Forward port linux-xlnx 6.6 patches to Noble

Status in linux-xilinx-zynqmp package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description: