Thanks for the update.

Glad you have a resolution for this.  If you run the command I
mentioned, and include a copy of the patch you made to fix it for
yourself, I can get into into the Ubuntu kernel.  Or you could send it
to to Ubuntu kernel mailing list yourself if you would like.

Here is an outline of the process of submitting the patch to the mailing list.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Dev/StablePatchFormat

If you want to submit it yourself, or if you'd like me to submit it,
please reopen this ticket, and send me a comment, and I can assist
either way.  Otherwise, I will close this ticket for now.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0408:4033 Quanta Computer, Inc. ACER HD User
  Facing

  I bought an Acer and I guess my webcam is not on kernel drivers. It's

  Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0408:4033 Quanta Computer, Inc. ACER HD User
  Facing

  Note the 4033 product id.