Could one of you (perhaps Juerg Haefliger (@juergh) ) provide
instructions/pointers for us users on how to get AMD GPU acceleration
+/- ROCm facilities working with fully patched 24.04, please?

I upgraded to Noble from Jammy, found poor graphics performance, spotted
software rendering, found instructions for adding AMD GPU support and promptly
ran into this bug.
I'm a Unity gamedev trying to use Ubuntu as my main box, I've also tinkered
with running ML locally.  I can understand the "it's their problem" scenario
above but until resolved, what's the recommended path forwards for users,
please?

Also thanks to all involved in trying to get the whole thing sorted!

  6.8.0-44 breaks amdgpu-dkms 6.8.5

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Ubuntu 24.04.1

  6.8.0-44 causes compile failure of amdgpu-dkms (6.8.5 from AMD
  partner)

  ```
  linux-image-generic                                      6.8.0-44.44
                       amd64        Generic Linux kernel image

  amdgpu-dkms                    1:6.8.5.60200-2009582.24.04    amdgpu driver
in DKMS format.
       noble/main
  amdgpu-dkms-firmware           1:6.8.5.60200-2009582.24.04    firmware blobs
used by amdgpu driver in DKMS format
      noble/main
  ```

  The 6.8.0-44 kernel includes :

   * Noble update: upstream stable patchset 2024-07-25 (LP: #2074091)

      - drm/mst: Fix NULL pointer dereference at
  drm_dp_add_payload_part2    <---- This is the one

  This one causes a compile failure  in amdgpu-dkms 6.8.5  , detected
  from rocm6.2 users and initially reported there, but i believe it
  should be fixed in Ubuntu who backported the fix causing the bug.

  https://github.com/ROCm/ROCm/issues/3701

  https://github.com/ROCm/ROCm/issues/3701#issuecomment-2351247361
  contains a trivial patch on the amdgpu-dkms side, but the problem is
  introduced by a patch on the kernel ubuntu-6.8.

  this is very annoying, and proposed workaround on github Amd Rocm are
  a bit weird (even if they work well)