Hi thealpman, thank you for taking the time to open this bug report.
Unfortunately we're going to need more information to look into this.
Please reproduce the issue on Ubuntu by attempting (and failing) to
enter sleep, and then submit the relevant system logs with

    apport-collect 2081702

Thanks,
Vinicius

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Sleep mode problems after upgrade to kernel 6.8.0-45 : Ubuntu 24.04.1
  and Mint 22 with Lenovo Thinkpad E16-gen 2

  Hello,

  I lost the ability to put my computer in sleep mode, either by the
  power button or the menu : the screen becomes black and then lights up
  again and asks me for my session password, as if it had been in sleep
  mode.

  It worked fine with a live USB (Ubuntu and Mint)

  I couldn't figure where the problem came from so I installed Mint 22 instead
of Ubuntu.
  It was OK until an upgrade just after install.

  I found out everything is back to normal with kernel 6.8.0-38, so for
  now I start with this one.

  "ubuntu-bug linux" found nothing.
  cat /proc/version_signature ==> Ubuntu 6.8.0-38.38-generic 6.8.8
  lsb_release -rd ==>
  No LSB modules are available.
  Release:      22