I tried testing again with the newest Ubuntu liveCD, and at least in that environment it works correctly. And the wifi reconnects much more quickly too. It's looking more likely that this is some strange quirk of my system which has been upgraded a few times and may have some bad config hiding somewhere.
Is there an accepted way to reinstall Ubuntu on top of an existing installation, preserving at least the home directory? Otherwise I'll just flatten and reinstall and see if that fixes it. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel Packages, which is subscribed to linux in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1261753 Title: [Dell XPS 13 (L322X)] Laptop often suspends once immediately after resume Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu: Confirmed Bug description: It takes 10-15 seconds for the second suspend to trigger. I can tell I'm going to get a double-suspend when the network doesn't come up after resume. I have tried the nmcli nm sleep false trick. ProblemType: Bug DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.10 Package: linux-image-3.11.0-14-generic 3.11.0-14.21 ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.11.0-14.21-generic 3.11.7 Uname: Linux 3.11.0-14-generic x86_64 ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2.1 Architecture: amd64 AudioDevicesInUse: USER PID ACCESS COMMAND /dev/snd/controlC0: owen 3549 F.... pulseaudio Date: Tue Dec 17 08:36:36 2013 DistributionChannelDescriptor: # This is a distribution channel descriptor # For more information see http://wiki.ubuntu.com/DistributionChannelDescriptor canonical-oem-somerville-precise-amd64-20120703-2 HibernationDevice: RESUME=UUID=63d09ac9-b778-40a5-b221-ea0f78eef4d9 InstallationDate: Installed on 2013-04-16 (244 days ago) InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" - Build amd64 LIVE Binary 20120703-15:08 MachineType: Dell Inc. Dell System XPS L322X MarkForUpload: True ProcFB: 0 inteldrmfb ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.11.0-14-generic root=UUID=524d735f-a2c1-4fc2-bc9a-cc2ea6dddcae ro crashkernel=384M-2G:64M,2G-:128M quiet splash i8042.reset i8042.nomux vt.handoff=7 RelatedPackageVersions: linux-restricted-modules-3.11.0-14-generic N/A linux-backports-modules-3.11.0-14-generic N/A linux-firmware 1.116 SourcePackage: linux UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to saucy on 2013-11-23 (23 days ago) dmi.bios.date: 01/22/2013 dmi.bios.vendor: Dell Inc. dmi.bios.version: A07 dmi.board.name: 0PJHXN dmi.board.vendor: Dell Inc. dmi.board.version: A00 dmi.chassis.type: 8 dmi.chassis.vendor: Dell Inc. dmi.chassis.version: 0.1 dmi.modalias: dmi:bvnDellInc.:bvrA07:bd01/22/2013:svnDellInc.:pnDellSystemXPSL322X:pvr:rvnDellInc.:rn0PJHXN:rvrA00:cvnDellInc.:ct8:cvr0.1: dmi.product.name: Dell System XPS L322X dmi.sys.vendor: Dell Inc. To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1261753/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

