Why is this assigned to bcmwl?

OP problem seems to be the kernel thinking that no RAM is available
(making OOM Killer kill everything).

Even if 32GB RAM are present the kernel command line has all these weird

"irqpoll maxcpus=1 nousb memmap=exactmap memmap=577K@4K
memmap=130476K@737280K elfcorehdr=867756K memmap=28K#3121240K
memmap=396K#3292788K memmap=1068K#3316692K"

Question is: who put that there any why? I bet this is causing (or at
least contributing to) the problem.

Packages, which is subscribed to bcmwl in Ubuntu.

  Dell M4800 kernel crashes every few hours

Status in “bcmwl” package in Ubuntu:

  Every few hours my laptop screen locks up, the fans max out, and it
  needs a hard power reset.  I'm running  Ubuntu -14.04 on a Dell
  Precision M4800.  The memory test passed.

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      14.04

  uname -a
  Linux noel-m4800 3.13.0-24-generic #47-Ubuntu SMP Fri May 2 23:30:00 UTC 2014
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  /var/log/kern.log is attached