Hi! On 10.10.2016 20:02, Peter Robinson wrote:

> I've been playing with a handful of cheap USB wireless modules for
> support on the Raspberry Pi and other similar devices.
>
> I've noticed that there's a bunch of overlap regarding usb IDs between
> the newer (and IMO preferred) rtl8xxxu and the vendor collection of
> drivers so you often get both drivers loaded. I've tended to fix this
> by just blacklisting the vendor upstream drivers.

FWIW: the rtl8723au driver is removed from mainline with 4.9
(https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/b49f6ab951 ). Maybe it might be
feasible to simply disable it in our configs in advance of that change.

This is just meant as a data point, as I guess such a config adjustment
would not solve the problem completely.

CU, knurd