Dear all:
Could someone tell me how to know the file is binary or ASCII?
I know both of them are stream of bytes but interpreted by different ways.
My questions are:
1. How can I know this without opening it?
2. how can I see all the information in a file, include all the control
characters, like linein, print character and line feed, etc.
3. Is there any tool on Linux can open binary file?
4. Is there any tool on Linux can transfer ASCII to binary and binary to ASCII?

Appreciate your help,
cckuo

*****************  Novatek Email Confidentiality Notice *****************
The information contained in this electronic communication, and any electronic
attachments, is confidential or legally privileged and may be subject to
protection under the law. It is intended only for the named recipient above. If
you have received this communication in error, or are not the named recipient,
please immediately notify the sender via reply email and delete this
communication from your computer system, and destroy all copies of this
communication along with any attachments. Thank you for your cooperation.

Copyright Novatek 2006-2007 All Rights Reserved