On 19-12-07 22:44, Binyamin Dissen wrote:

:>The easiest way is using an editor that supports "tags". After you run "make :>tags" in the root of the source tree (and have the ctags program installed) :>"vim -t foobar" will take you to the definition of the "foobar" function.

I issued MAKE TAGS (which is taking a while).

Note, "make tags", lowercase. "make TAGS" if for emacs tags support.

What file(s) does it create? Is it something that I can copy and browse in a
windows environment?

The file tags/TAGS in the root of the source tree. And there are editors that can use tags and run under windows, if only vim and/or emacs themselves. I have no idea about "more native" windows editors.

Rene.