Thanks very much! This really helps me a lot.

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 3:30 AM, Rik van Riel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:55:26 +0800
>

>  It means that the kernel pretends that the pgd entry points to a
>  pud (with one entry), even though it really points to a page table.
>
>  By pretenting it points to itself unmap_page_range can call the
>  next function down, zap_pud_range.
>
>  We do the same thing in zap_pud_range - it calls zap_pmd_range on
>  the same pgd entry, except now it thinks it points to a pmd.

Does this mean the entries of pud and pmd just have the address of
pgd? So when the function is called ,the pgd just point back to itself?
When pmd point back to pdg, it thinks it get the page table finally. In
fact, it pgd which contains all the page table. Am I right?

--
Wu Yu