Ribamar Santarosa de Sousa wrote:
Hello,

There are some USB interfaces (such some kinds of HID) that don't have
OUT endpoints and the unique manner to send them data is through
control msg like Set_Report requests (chapter 7 of HID 1.1
specification).

However, in the kernel interface for usb_control_msg() we need to pass
a pipe which is obtained through usb_sndcrtlpipe(), which in turn
requires an endpoint address. What endpoint should be passed to
usb_sndctrlpipe() in these cases?

Libusb's interface for usb_control_msg() doesn't require this pipe as
parameter[1]. How is this pipe discovered before the calling of the
kernel's usb_control_msg()?

[1] http://libusb.sourceforge.net/doc/function.usbcontrolmsg.html

http://www.lrr.in.tum.de/Par/arch/usb/usbdoc/

http://www.lrr.in.tum.de/Par/arch/usb/usbdoc/node16.html
Looks like it's a minor number (such that num % 16 == 0)
begin:vcard
fn:Scott Lovenberg
n:Lovenberg;Scott
org:The CleftStone Works
adr:;;;Kutztown;PA;19530;USA
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;cell:570-856-2999
note;quoted-printable:Interests:=0D=0A=
	Programming, *NIX, Slackware, Samba, C/C++, Perl, Java, .NET, Kernel Hack=
	ing, Virtual Machines, FOSS, Security, Operating Systems, Various Softwar=
	e Stacks.  =
	=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	Always have time for "shop talk"; feel free to drop me a line.
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.cleftstoneworks.com
version:2.1
end:vcard