On 30-04-08 20:07, Bizhan Gholikhamseh (bgholikh) wrote:

My understanding is the readahead algorithm causes kernel to read more data ahead of the time from ide device, this will improve the ide access, however, in our case we find out it is also impacting over all system performance. Is there similar thing for write access for
Linux 2.6.11?

Okay, if you're as dumb as me, this is an extremely amusing question. What would you have the system write ahead?

Rene