Sorry Pranav; I cited the wrong book;

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 13:32 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Hi Pranav;
>
> On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 22:22 +0530, Pranav Peshwe wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 9:29 PM, William Case <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
[snip]
> The book that gave me the most assistance, was "Computer Architecture: A
> Quantitative Approach" by John L. Hennessy, David A. Patterson, David
> Goldberg.  This book goes into complete, excruciating detail of how the
> CPU, memory management etc functions at the transistor, logic gate,
> clocking and register level.  Far more detail than you might think you
> need.  But I found after I had read through its 400 - 500 pages, even if
> I only retained about 20%, huge mysteries had been solved and many
> kernel questions had become trivial.

To re-cite:
The book that gave me the most assistance was "Computer Organization &
Design  The Hardware / Software Interface", Second Edition; Patterson,
David A, Hennessy, John L.;Pub 1998,

This book goes into complete, excruciating detail of how the CPU, memory
management,pipelining etc functions at the transistor, logic gate,

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.3