On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Manish Katiyar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 7:36 PM, Rene Herman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>

> >> How does this work ? :-( ....... Isn't gcc supposed to catch this and
> >> flag warning unless I am missing something very obvious.
> >
> > In C, except as an operand of sizeof or unary &, an expression having
> > function type is automatically converted from function type to pointer to
> > function.
> >

> > Or put differently: except for sizeof and unary &, "function_designator"
> and
> > "&function_designator" are interchangeable as expressions.

Thanks Rene. Plz discard my earlier msg as I didn't get question then. Yes
it's the case with the fuctions.   Just a small detail. They aren't
interchangeable.  "&function_designator"  cannot be used in place of
"function_designator". Correct me if I am wrong.

-
Rahul.

--
Smart data structures and dumb code works a lot better than the other way
around. -Eric S Raymond