Hello everybody,

I have modified the usbtouchscreen kernel module in driver/input/touchscreen.
The aim was to implement a kind of calibration for the touch.

I am using this fragment of code to send the touchevents to the inputdevice:

                input_report_abs(global_usbtouch->input, ABS_X, tx);
                input_report_abs(global_usbtouch->input, ABS_Y, ty);
                input_sync(global_usbtouch->input);

where tx, ty are the coordinates from the screen.
Unfortunately  there are different results calling this at different times
but with the same parameters.
In my understanding these are absolute coordinates and so the cursor should
appear at the same place. But it didn't.

What is the cause for this behavior? How can i get an absolute position?

--
Thank you in advance,
Peter