Nidhi,

   Given all the above will make you start on the how the user level
programms work. To understand kernel in more detail so that you can start
working on kernel code, get the book
  understanding linux kernel by Daniel P bovet. and Marco. (third edition
2.6) Printed by ORelly.
  This book really helped me to get start on linux kernel. For writing
device drivers get Linux device drivers printed by orelly (third edition
2.6)
   All the best

Sri