On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 13:24:28 +0530 "pradeep singh"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 7:27 PM, mayank rana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am sending fasync from my driver to user space application.
> > While sending fasync, I am getting below error :
> > kill_fasync:bad magic number in fasync_struct !
> >
> > Can anyone suggest any solution for this ?
>
> You fs superblock seems screwed up.
> Run fsck manually with a different back up superblock from the disk.

While it is true that filesystem superblocks contain magic numbers, it
doesn't imply that every magic number has something to do with
filesystem superblocks. Magic numbers are used throughout the kernel to
check if structures passed to a function are indeed correct: if the
magic number fails, it is a sign that something is wrong with the
structure. It could be corrupted by something, it could also be that
the user forgot to set the number. Without seeing the code, it's hard
to tell what's wrong.

Erik

--
Erik Mouw -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
GPG key fingerprint: D6AC 7F15 A26E C5C4 62E0  4A58 FCF9 551C 9B48 B68D