Hi there,
I have 3 computers, they are all slightly different yet they all require pretty much the same basic options. However, I am still a newbie with the kernel and have found it tedious try to make such hardware work or have it work in such a way... to the point where I just forget what I did (as long as it works). See, I'm looking for a cleaner way!...

I've had an idea by using a versioning system (hey, why not use git!) but on this single file, the .config.

I was thinking on building a trunk which would include only the changes that are needed on the 3 computers and that have passed some testing phase (ie, that it really works well on the 3 of them). I would then have 3 branches, or sub-trunks that would complete the main trunk, but with specific changes for this computer. This way, for computer A, the final .config would = main trunk + A-trunk.

This is all real fun git practice all in all, but I was wondering if there were a simpler way of dealing with this? If not, I'll go ahead and build myself a wrapper script to ease the use of git specifically for .config.

Thanks,
  Simon