Hi,

I know is an all-time asked question. But I am asking this not because I
am clueless but because I am fed up of "the ubuntu way". I am done with
its UID way of getting to partitions. I want to use good old days
root=/dev/sda1. Can somebody tell me how to do this? I no longer want
crazy make-kpkg stuff. I remember when I used to use RedHat distro
(before fedora was launched, RedHat 9), things were simpler, I guess. I
was able to compile and deploy the kernel even though those were
*starting* days for me for linux.

Regards
- Himanshu