Would u like to share WHERE u made the change?   WHAT u do could be part of
academic exercise, so perhaps u want to keep confidential, but WHERE would
be helpful.

I am suspecting (very usual for changes to MM codes) that u have done
something illegal while holding a open spinlock.   So knowing where u insert
codes, will help us to understand if this is a problem or not.